Our double-strength Organic Oil of Oregano is made by extracting oregano in organic extra virgin olive oil for six weeks. The oil is then combined with more oregano and steeped for another six weeks to get our potent Oil of Oregano.
Oregano contains compounds called phenols, terpenes and terpenoids, which have powerful antioxidant properties and are responsible for its fragrance.
- Carvacrol: The most abundant phenol in oregano oil. It has been shown to stop the growth of several different types of bacteria
- Thymol: A natural antifungal that can also support the immune system and protect against toxins
- Rosmarinic acid: A powerful antioxidant that helps protect against damage caused by free radicals
There are many benefits to this wonderful oil:
- Oregano oil may help fight bacteria. Staphylococcus aureus bacteria is one of the most common causes of infection. They cause ailments including food poisoning and skin infections. Studies show that Oregano oil can kill this type of bacteria.
- Oregano oil is also a potent antioxidant. Antioxidants help protect the body from damage caused by oxidative stress and free radicals.
- Oxidative stress may lead to increased DNA damage and cell death. Oxidation may also play a role in other issues, such as arthritis, atherosclerosis, and some cancers
- Thymol and carvacrol are powerful antioxidants that may help reduce oxidation. The researchers suggested that further studies explore safe doses for regular use.
Oregano can be a great alternative to antibiotics. Its active ingredients help fight multiple types of harmful pathogens, including bacteria, yeast and fungi. As a study in the Journal of Medicinal Food journal stated in 2013, oregano oils “represent an inexpensive source of natural antibacterial substances that exhibited potential for use in pathogenic systems.”
Several of the active compounds found in Origanum vulgare can help to aid digestion by relaxing the muscles of the GI tract and also helping to balance the ratio of good-to-bad bacteria in the gut. Thymol, one of oregano’s active compounds, is a similar compound to menthol, which is found in peppermint oil. Like menthol, thymol may help relax the soft tissue of the throat and stomach which can help to decrease GERD, heartburn and discomfort after eating.
Oil of Oregano can be dropped under the tongue or added to a liquid to be taken internally to fight off bacteria, fungus or parasites.
Oil of Oregano can be added to your household cleaners to kill off bacteria from surfaces.
Can be applied to the skin to help with fungus or bacteria like ringworm or athletes foot.
Suggested use: We suggest taking Oil of Oregano for no longer than 2 weeks. Please consult your physician before using with prescription medications. Please test on a small patch of skin before use.
Available in a 2 oz. or 4 oz. amber glass dropper bottle.
This product has not been evaluated by the FDA. It is not meant to treat or cure disease.